Long time no craft!

Well guys I thought I'd share with you what I've been doing over my holiday break. This is a wee bjd doll I finally cast in resin... being the first there were certainly some learning curves! And I also found how easy it was to carve and sand so this girl turned out very differently from the original wee doll I molded!
I blushed and did her face in pastel chalk which wasn't as hard as I imagined but still came with some problems!

The first face up was just what I wanted but until I held her in natural light I didn't see some smudges that had been there under one of the sealer coats! So being me I thought maybe a light wet sand would remove them... well yes as you can imagine I had temporarily lost my brain and tried it!!! Long story short do not make the same mistake... I then ended up having to remove all the face up which unto itself was very very difficult and a lot of it wouldn't move in the creases!!!!! So redid the face up and after taking pictures I can see where  need to go over some colours... but over all I'm thrilled with her :o)) ... so just need to do the touch up and blush her hands, stick on the back of her head and give her some hair and clothes :o))))))

Hope you like....




Hugs,
Sharon
Ps will take some cuter pics later as these are terrible and don't do her justice!

6 Comments:

  1. Melissa ;-) said...
    So, so cute!!
    Sharon-NZ said...
    OMG I love her shes awesome, clever clever girl you are...... woohooo
    Unknown said...
    You are so talented Sharon....I really don't have words...she is so much more than gorgeous or beautiful...she is a masterpiece. If you keep making these lovelies, you will be famous and everyone will want to buy...I would love to buy one...how about a brown skinned doll?(just putting that thought out there) can't wait! Awesome...
    hugz
    Pam
    Karen Mallory said...
    She is absolutely fabulous Sharon! You will definately have to sell these. Let me know how much money I will have to save!!! I just adore her!!!! Wonderful, wonderful work!!
    hugs Karen
    Roxy said...
    I love the work you did on her body (those tiny feet~ <3)... post some new pics up already, darn it. I'm haunting your blog :)
    Titile said...
    Oh my God...i love so muchhhhhhh!!

Post a Comment